About the Norwood Public School District
Norwood is a community that is committed to its children and values and respects its educational system. We currently have one early education center, five elementary schools, one middle school, one senior high school, and an administrative office building. Enrollment in our Pre-K to Grade 12 school population is over 3,400.
A seven member School Committee, which values input and participation from parents and community members, sets policy and oversees the school budget.
Because the Norwood Schools are committed to providing every student the opportunity to be successful, there is a rich tradition of academic excellence, outstanding achievement in the Arts and Athletics, and a strong extra-curricular program.
The mission of the Norwood Public Schools is to seek academic excellence for all children in an environment which is safe, nurturing, and supportive, to inspire in them an enduring love for learning, and prepare them to contribute as citizens of a diverse community.
- Every child can learn.
- Academics is the primary focus of education. In addition to Academics, Athletics, and Activities are essential for a complete education.
- Each child is unique and has special abilities and interests that must be recognized, encouraged, and developed.
- The home, school, and community are responsible for the education of all children
- Teachers must engage every student in learning..
- Students are responsible for their own learning and for their personal conduct.
- Parents are responsible for setting values and expectations that support the learning process.
- Lifelong learning is essential for productive and responsible participation in a diverse and changing world.
- Teachers have the right to teach and students have the right to learn in a safe and nurturing environment.
- A community thrives when individuals contribute to the well being of others.
- Integrity, respect, and cooperation are essential in building trusting relationships.
- Our community is strengthened and enriched through diversity.