The P.T.A. offers a variety of cultural arts presentations throughout the year. Whenever possible we coincide enrichment with curriculum. We take diirect feedback from the teachers and students to determine what programs are selected. Here are the main programs for the 2009/2010 school year :
- September- A friendship adventure presented by Ronald McDonald
- October - Rob Bolster, illustrator of many children books, presents "You Were Born to Learn". Signed books will be available for sale after the event.
- November - Promised Land: The Immigrant Experience celebrates diversity in America, and validates the uniqueness of each individual by weaving a rich tapestry of personal stories and songs from many cultures represented in today's world.
- January - Jan Turnquist: A Visit With Louisa May Alcott - In this living history portrayal, meet Louisa May Alcott, prolific author, tireless reformer, proud and independent spinster and Civil War nurse. We will travel back in time with Louisa and learn about life in the 19th century.
- March - David Zucker: Poetry in Motion - A one man show that brings poetry to life using props, costurmes, masks and puppets. We will be exposed to some of the worlds best poems from poets like AA Milne, Ogden Nash, Lewis Carroll, and James Whitcomb Riley.
- April - Geodomes- Dr Mallory Bagwell will present an intensive hands-on workshop. It will focus on mathematical problem-solving, critical thinking, geometry, the science of flight and the history of games.