About the Library
- Students may borrow up to 2 books at a time.
- Books are due within 3 weeks.
- Books may be renewed twice, provided there is no one waiting for the book.
- Your library books may be returned by putting them in the book return slot, located at the circulation desk.
- Current magazines and reference books do not circulate.
- Overdue notices are sent to the students’ homeroom.
- Letters regarding overdue materials may be mailed to the parent/guardian during the year.
- Students will be expected to pay for lost or damaged library books.
USING THE LIBRARY:
- Classes come at a scheduled time, with the classroom teacher.
- All students will sign in at the circulation desk.
- Please do not bring food or drink into the library.
- Please come to the library with something to do.
- Always come with a signed pass! Always leave with a pass signed by the librarian or another staff member!
USING THE LIBRARY COMPUTERS:
- The computer workstations are for school work only! NO EMAIL, CHAT ETC.
- Please ask the library staff or library duty teacher if you may use a computer.
- During the school day, students must sign in at the circulation desk and ask the library staff for permission to use the library computers.
- Please observe the quiet rule in the computer area.
- IF there is high demand for a computer you will be limited to 20 minutes.
- IF you are using inappropriate websites, you will be asked to log off and may lose all computer privileges.
- When you have finished your computer session, make sure that you logoff from your student account.
SAVE A TREE:
- Don’t waste paper!
- Only hit the computer print button ONCE. IF your print job doesn’t come out, ask a member of the staff for assistance.
- The library copy machine is for a single copy only.
- Please ask the library staff for permission to use the copy machine.