Oldham Volunteer Program
Volunteer Program (print a copy)
The Oldham Elementary School has many great things planned throughout the school year. We hope that you will sign up for one or more activities such as: holiday parties, book fair, field trips, etc. With the support of parents and guardians like you, you can help keep activities and enrichment programs at our school organized, fun, and safe.
- Be sure to sign in and out at the front office each time you come to volunteer
- You must have a CORI check done before becoming a volunteer
- Always wear a visitor’s pass when you are helping at the school
- Please be reliable, call us as soon as you know you can’t come in (Main Office 781-769-2417)
- Keep in mind that you are a role model to the children
- For volunteer options please check the school website or talk to the Room Parent assigned to your child’s class and the PTO.
Please respect the need for other adults in the school to do their jobs. If you need to talk with a staff member concerning your child or some other matters, please arrange a time to meet, that’s not during recess.
Volunteers are not to concern themselves with disciplining the children. Please report all incidents to a staff member.
Information passed along to others can severely damage important trust relationships among adults and hurt children in our school. Please make a habit of not discussing anything that happens while you’re volunteering at the school with your children.
It’s Recess Time!
Volunteers contribute to the many wonderful programs and activities that benefit the children of The Oldham School. So, as we begin a new school year, we are reaching out to all parents and guardians, to please consider volunteering a little time to help monitor recess. Sign up in the main office with your date and time(s) on the monthly Recess Calendar.
10:15am - 10:30am Grades 1 thru 3
10:30am - 10:45am Grades 4 thru 5
12:15pm – 12:30pm Grades 1 thru 2
12:45pm – 1:00pm Grades 3 thru 5