News & Announcements
WELCOME TO THE WILLETT EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER
Month at a Glance: May
* PTO- Tuesday, May 7 @ 7:00pm
* Golf around the Willett Day- Thursday, May 16 @ 4:00- 7:00pm (rain date Thursday, May 23) (Volunteers needed)
* Half day of school- Friday, May 17- 12:00 dismissal
* Capron Park Zoo- Preschool Visit- Tuesday, May 22, 2013
* Due to the forecast of rain we have postponed our field trip to Friday, June 14th Kindergarten Field Trip- Franklin Park Zoo- Friday, May 24 (school lunch dessert option for field trip lunch has changed from a cookie to an apple)
* Memorial Day- No School- Monday, May 27
Mark your calendars-
Kindergarten End-of-Year Musical/Play Dates
- Wednesday, June 19 at 1:30- C1, C4, C10
Thursday, June 20 at 9:30- A3, A5
Thursday, June 20 at 11:00- A1, A4
Friday, June 21 at 9:30- C3, C6
Friday, June 21 at 11:00- C8, C11
Friday, June 21 at 1:30- C5, C9
Note from the Health Office:
Dear parents and/or guardians,
Flu season has started early this year. The most common flu symptoms are sudden onset of fever, tiredness or weakness, body aches and dry cough. The best way to prevent seasonal flu is to get vaccinated each year. If your child has not recieved a flu shot this year please consider calling your PCP to schedule a vaccination.
Joanne Ryan, RN, BSN
Willett School Nurse
The Mission of the Willett Early Childhood Center is to maximize the potential for all students to:
- Experience a safe, friendly and cooperative educational environment as a naturalistic setting for learning experiences.
- Experience developmentally appropriate programs that respect individual differences helping each child to reach his/her potential.
- Acquire intellectual and social skills in an age appropriate environment.
- Develop a positive self-concept in an environment that promotes and accepts the individual child.
- Understand, accept and respect the cultural and intellectual differences of a diverse society by example provided by staff.
- Explore technology in an age appropriate environment.
The Willett Early Childhood Center is accreditated by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Your child must have a regular sized back pack. It should be labeled with your child’s name. The classroom teacher will inform you of any supplies needed.
- Willett students must wear sneakers, shoes, or sandals with straps. Flip-flops are not appropriate, due to safety concerns, and must not be worn to school.
- Please do not allow your child to bring toys to school, as they can get lost or broken.
- Please send in a change of clothes labeled with your child’s name.
As a result of our Open House and lottery, all preschool openings have been filled for the 2012-2013 school year. Applications for our wait list are available at the school.