Norwood Public Schools Technology Department
Vision for Technology in the Norwood Public Schools
The vision for the Norwood Public Schools Technology Plan is to create a technology-rich teaching and learning environment that encourages collaboration, communication, innovation, and achieves academic and professional proficiency for all students and teachers respectively. We believe students and teachers should be able to use technology to:
- Enhance teaching and learning to meet the learning needs and styles of all students
- Engage in learning anytime, anyplace
- Procure, research, organize and share information
- Think critically and solve problems
- Innovate and create new ideas
- Express themselves effectively and creatively
- Collaborate with other students and teachers anywhere in the world
Through our strategic plan, we are aiming to build a technology ecosystem that is equitable, collaborative, always-on and available everywhere. Technology is not the only tool, but it is a critical tool that needs to be used proficiently in order for students to graduate from the Norwood Public Schools with the skills to succeed in college and in an increasingly competitive global workforce.
The Norwood Public Schools is a member of the Massachusetts Student Privacy Alliance
The Norwood Public Schools is a member district of the MSPA whose goal it is to set standards of both practice and expectations around student privacy by implementing a common Student Data Privacy Agreement with vendors. The Norwood Public Schools is in the process of reviewing online applications that are used and working with vendors to sign the common agreement. To find out more information regarding the MSPA, please click on this link.