The school’s custodial staff continues to be vigilant in the cleaning of our schools. They are paying extra attention this fall to frequently shared areas such as hard surfaces and door knobs. Important information for students, families and staff include:
• Wash hands often with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds. Hand sanitizers are less effective against viruses and so should not replace traditional hand washing.
• Avoid touching eyes, nose or face – especially with unwashed hands.
• Practice good cough hygiene by covering your coughs and sneezes. If you do not have a tissue, cough into your elbow not your hands.
• Children with asthma or other respiratory conditions are especially at risk for serious illness from the D68 virus. Be vigilant in taking ‘controller medications’ at this time. If your child becomes ill and is experiencing respiratory distress contact their health care provider immediately. Rapid medical support therapy will help your child recover more quickly.
• Everyone should stay home from work or school when feeling sick, especially if they have a fever.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.