My School Bucks
The Norwood School Food Service Department utilizes a computerized cash register DEBIT system at all Norwood Public Schools.
- Payment convenience- it will allow prepayments in any amount (such as monthly or yearly) into student & faculty accounts for food purchases. It acts as a debit system to anyone who wishes to use it as such. Of course, we will continue to accept cash at the register, as usual.
- Anonymity- students who are eligible for free or reduced meals will have their privacy maintained—no tickets or giving your name to the cashier.
- Speed- the more people who pre-pay, the quicker the line will move, allowing students more time to enjoy their lunch.
- Accountability-the system will provide accurate records for accounting purposes. It can also provide detailed reports on your account if you suspect there is a problem.
- Alerts-the system will be able to alert the cashier of any restrictions you may have for your child, such as food allergies, medical conditions or daily purchasing limits.
How it works:
Students key in their unique PIN #
Every student will be assigned a card with their own 3,4 or 5 digit PIN #. As long as you are enrolled in this school, you will have the same #. Please memorize this number.
It is important that you do not share your PIN # with anyone.
During mealtime, students will key in their PIN # on a keypad. The current money balance in the student’s meal account will be displayed confidentially to the cashier at the register terminal. The cashier will confirm the student’s name to protect their account balance. The amount of the purchase will then either be (1) deducted from the account, or (2) paid for at the register, BUT EVERYONE MUST USE PIN# TO MAKE PURCHASES.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I make prepayments into my account?
You may pre-pay by cash, check (Payable to Norwood Food Service) at the register, or you may visit myschoolbucks.com, for credit card or paypal prepayment. We encourage you to make prepayments in the morning so that the line at lunch moves quicker. Checks must have your child(ren)’s first and last name listed in the “memo” section of the check, as well as their school name. If prepayments are in cash, please be sure to put in envelope & label with student name & PIN #, but we strongly encourage prepayments by check, so parents have receipts of their payments, and it cuts down on the risk of lost, stolen or misused money.
Please note that the Town of Norwood may charge a returned check fee of $25.00 for insufficient funds.
2. Can I pay for more than 1 child with one check?
Yes. If you have siblings attending the high school or the middle school, you may write one check for both students. Simply indicate how much money you wish to deposit in each child’s account.
3. What if I forget my PIN #?
The Cashier or Kitchen Manager will be able to get that information for you, just ask. Please do not share your number with anyone! These registers have security features that can alert the cashier of misuse of accounts. Abuse of the system is grounds for disciplinary action.
4. Can I get refunds from my account?
Unless you are leaving the school permanently, we are unable to give refunds at any time. Any money left in your account at the end of the school year will remain in your account for use in the next school year.
5. Can I choose my own PIN?
Unfortunately, the system does not have that capability. You will have the same PIN # as long as you attend the Norwood Public Schools.
6. What if I forget my money?
Occasionally, we all forget. We don’t want anyone to go without lunch-hungry students can’t learn. Therefore, we will allow students to owe for (2) lunches if they have forgotten their money or lunch at home. The system will keep a running balance of your account (negative or positive); the cashier will remind the student if they have a negative balance, or if it is getting low. Negative Balance Notices will be sent home if your child owes money. You are responsible for paying back the amount you owe as soon as possible.
7. Can I prepay for snacks?
Yes. We will assume that your child has your permission to use prepayments for snacks, unless the parent or guardian restricts this feature. Students with a zero balance will not be allowed to charge snacks
Please do not hesitate to ask any questions that you may have about this system.
Please call 781-440-5827 if, you have any question.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.