Phone: 781-440-5831 or 781-440-5832
***FY 2023-2024 REGISTRATION TO OPEN 5/22/2023***
***If you are a new resident to Norwood please come into the transportation office to register for the bus***
FY 2023-2024 School Transportation Registration
In accordance with the policies of the Norwood School Committee, transportation will be provided to students with the following stipulations:
- All students in Kindergarten will be provided transportation at no charge.
- Students in grades 1-6 that live more than 2.00 miles away from their assigned school will be provided transportation at no charge. All distances from assigned schools will be calculated by GOOGLE MAPS ONLY (enter school address and home address).
- Students in grades 1-6 that live less than 2.0 miles from their assigned school are eligible for transportation as ridership capacity allows but must pay the fee of $300 per student with a $750 family cap ($275 per student with a $700 family cap if paid in full by Monday June 5,2023).
- All students in grades 7-12 no matter the distance from their assigned school are eligible for transportation as ridership capacity allows but must pay the assigned fee of $300 per student with a $750 family cap ($275 per student with a $700 family cap if paid in full by Monday June 5,2023).
- Payment of the fee is due no later than June 30th.
- Bus fee
- $300 per rider with a $750 family cap ($275 per student with a $700 family cap if paid in full by Monday June 5,2023).
- There is a $25 processing fee after June 5th for:
- All students who qualify for free or reduced lunch and wish to ride the bus.
- All students grade 1-6 who live over 2 miles from their school
- ALL fees are due by June 30, 2023. Registration is not complete until payment has been made.
- Registration opens May 22, 2022. In-Person registration available at the Savage Center, Rm 206 Monday-Friday 8 am-3 pm.
- 2.0 mile calculation: All distances from assigned schools will be calculated by GOOGLE MAPS WALKING DISTANCE ONLY (enter school address and home address) - SEE MAPS BELOW FOR DISTANCE CALCULATION
- Seat Guarantee: Completion of registration does not guarantee a seat on the bus. Capacity determination will be made on a first come first serve basis. If you have completed the registration and there is no seat available, a refund will be issued for the transportation fee.
May 22nd: Email sent to all parents with links to registration and payment portal
June 5th: Last day to register at discounted rates.
June 30: Registration is due to the district. If registered after June 30th, a seat on a bus is NOT GUARANTEED. Spots will be given based on availability.
Bus passes will be distributed to students the first 2 weeks of school.
***ALL STUDENTS, NO MATTER THE GRADE OR DISTANCE OR IF QUALIFY FOR A WAVIER, WHO INTEND TO RIDE THE BUS MUST REGISTER***
**ALL STUDENTS WHO REGISTER BEFORE JUNE 5TH AND DO NOT HAVE A BUS FEE MUST MAIL IN THE PAPER APPLICATION. THERE IS NO ONLINE REGISTRAION AVAILABLE**
Frequently Asked Questions
- 2023-2024 Frequently Asked Questions (English)
- 2023-2024 Frequently Asked Questions (Spanish)
- 2023-2024 Frequently Asked Questions (Portuguese)
Application and Waiver Forms
COMPLETE THESE FORMS IF YOU: QUALIFY FOR FREE/REDUCED LUNCH, LIVE OVER 2 MILES FROM SCHOOL, PAYING IN PERSON BY CASH/CREDIT CARD/CHECK
- 2023-2024 Bus Application (English)
- 2023-2024 Bus Application (Spanish)
- 2023-2024 Bus Application (Portuguese)
- 2023-2024 Bus Application (Arabic)
- 2023-2024 Bus Application (Haitian Creole)
- 2023-2024 Kindergarten Transportation Form (English)
- 2023-2024 Kindergarten Transportation Form (Spanish)
- 2023-2024 Kindergarten Transportation Form (Portuguese)
- 2023-2024 Transportation Fee Waiver Letter and Application (English)
- 2023-2024 Sharing Information Form (English)
- 2023-2024 Bus Routes (pdf)
- Coakley Late Bus Routes (pdf)
- Mission Statement, Vision, and Portrait of a Graduate
- Core Values
- Message from the Superintendent
- Bullying Information
- District Calendar
- District Staff and Committee Meeting Calendar
- District MCAS Assessment
- Equity Audit
- Food Services
- Health Services
- Aspen Family Portal Information
- Norwood Schools Fine Arts
- School Improvement Plans
- School Safety and Security
- School Start Time Implementation
- Strategic Plan
- Student Handbooks
- Student Registration
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention Resources
- Transportation Services
- What's Happening in Norwood Schools (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.