Welcome to my website
Music Makes Everything BETTER!!
MARCH STARS of THE MONTH!!
The following students have show incredible improvement and determination on getting better at their instruments this month!! They are great musicians, good helpers, good leaders, and great people. I'm so proud of them!!
- Prescott: Alexa Coras and Patrick Sorensen
- Callahan: Daniel Morrison and Heather Hart
- Oldham: Olivia Wetnicka and Sophia Touma
- May 22: Cleveland @ 9:30
- May 23: Prescott @ 9:30, Callahan @ 1:30
- May 24: Balch @ 9:30, Oldham @ 1:15
- May 24: All Town Instrumental Concert at NHS, 7:00 pm
- 4th Grade band from 3:30-4:15
- 5th Grade Band from 4:15-5:00
- Honor Band from 5-5:30pm
I am so glad to share in this journey with you. Instrumental music is an amazing activity. It is so many things, but above all, it's fun! In my instrumental music class students will learn to read and write music, play their instrument, work on team building and team work, trust, responsibility, multitasking, reading, writing, notation, preparation, and effort! My schedule is listed below:
- MONDAY: Callahan and Prescott Schools
- TUESDAY: Prescott School
- WEDNESDAY: Callahan School
- THURSDAY: Oldham School
- FRIDAY: Oldham School
Be prepared for class. You must have your instrument, book, folder, pencil, and positive attitude at every rehearsal.
If you have questions at any time the best way to reach me is via email.
Do you need supplies for your instrument like reeds, valve oil, or a new book?? If so, go to K&C Music - 273 Lenox St. in Norwood. Norwood Music students will receive a small discount!
I have some performances coming up. I'd love to see some familiar faces in the audience:
5th Grade Honor Band:
CONGRATS ON YOUR GOLD MEDAL!!!
Gold medal showcase info will be posted by end of the day today!
- Join the PMA
Did you know that if your child is a member of the Norwood Public Schools' music department, you are a member of the PMA?? The Norwood Parent Music Association is a parent run support group of all performing music students. Please get involved! Meetings are the 2nd Wednesday of every month!
- Mrs. Lorance will be performing at the National Heritage Museum in Lexington on November 6, 2016 at 3pm. I have 2 free student tickets available for this concert. First come first serve. If you want to come see me play contact me via email for how to get the tickets! For more information visit: www.mws-boston.org.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.