AMAO Results Letter
District Status Report
Annual Measurable Achievement Objectives
For English Language Learners
Each year Norwood Public Schools receives funds under Title III of the No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) of 2001, to help support English language learners (ELLs). Your child has been identified as an English Language Learner. NCLB requires the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to annually review the performance of districts with English language learners and meet three annual targets. The targets, known as annual measurable achievement objectives (AMAOs), measure the following:
1. Number and percent of ELLs making progress in learning English
2. Number and percent of ELLs attaining English language proficiency
3. Performance of the ELL subgroup on the Massachusetts Comprehensive Assessment System (MCAS) as measured by the cumulative Progress and Performance Index (PPI)
Districts that did not meet all of these targets are required to notify the parents of English Language Learners in grades 3-12 that the district did not meet all targets. This year, our district met AMAO 1 and 2 and 3.
If you have any questions concerning the English Language Learner Program and the performance of your child, please contact Carole Poirier at 781-440-5815.
- Curriculum & Instruction
- District and School Report Cards
- Elementary Library (opens in new window)
- Elementary Math Parent Resources
- Norwood Schools Fine Arts
First Place for Families
- Coordinated Family and Community Engagement (CFCE) (opens in new window)
- Professional Learning
- Science Center (opens in new window)
- Summer Learning Plans
- Teacher Resources
- Title I
- Title III (ELL)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.