ELL Entrance and Exit Procedures
English Language Learner Program
Exit and Entrance Procedures – Fall, 2016
1. Home Language Survey is completed at the time of registration. If any questions are answered indicating that the student speaks another language, the student is assessed by the ESL teacher.
2. During Kindergarten screening, students who speak a language other than English as documented by the Home Language Survey, are screened by ESL staff.
3. MODEL Assessment tools are used for screening and placement:
4. ELL entrance letter is sent home to parent/guardian to formally introduce the ELL program and to notify families about their right to accept or refuse services.
Grades K-5 English Language Development (ELD) and Sheltered English Immersion
Grades 6-9 English Language Development, academic support and Sheltered English Instruction
Grades 9-12 One of two levels of English Language Development (ELD), academic support and Sheltered English
Annual Testing Requirements
Grade K -12 - All English Language Learners - WIDA – Access for All testing – January – mid February each year
1. ESL teacher administer the use the following information for exit assessments:
a. Access Scores
b. MCAS/ PARCC State Assessments
c. DRA scores
d. Grade level assessments – aligned to curriculum
e. Classroom assessments – end of terms assessment and other data
2. ESL and classroom teachers review state assessment testing results.
3. ESL teacher (and classroom teacher for Grades K-5) complete student evaluation.
4. If appropriate, ELL Program exit letter is sent home.
5. ESL teacher monitors FLEP students’ progress for two years.
6. Monitor data is recorded with ELL student data at the superintendent’s office.
- Curriculum & Instruction
- District and School Report Cards
- Elementary Library (opens in new window)
- Norwood Schools Fine Arts
First Place for Families
- Coordinated Family and Community Engagement (CFCE) (opens in new window)
- Professional Learning
- Summer Learning Plans
- Teacher Resources
- Title I
- Title III (ELL) - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.