Elementary Math - Parent Resources
Elementary Math Night - December 1, 2015
Why Is Math Different Now? - video
Here are a listing of other suggestions/recommendations that you can do with your child to promote math learning.
- Practice counting money with real coins
- Let your child help you cook -- cooking involves counting and measuring
- Help your child learn the math vocabulary -- academic vocabulary
- Point out math in our everyday lives
- Provide paper or a whiteboard for your child to work on when you ask them difficult questions.
- Be positive and supportive
- Try to set aside your distaste for math and encourage your children as much as possible.
Remember young children are eager to learn.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jill Milton, Elementary Math Coordinator - send email
- Curriculum & Instruction
- District and School Report Cards
- Elementary Library (opens in new window)
- Elementary Math Parent Resources
- Norwood Schools Fine Arts
First Place for Families
- Coordinated Family and Community Engagement (CFCE) (opens in new window)
- Professional Learning
- Science Center (opens in new window)
- Summer Learning Plans
- Teacher Resources
- Title I
- Title III (ELL)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.