Norwood Public Schools Student Registration Information
In order to register your child for school in the Norwood Public Schools, the forms found below are required. Click here for translated forms. There are also specific age requirements for enrollment.
Preschool Age Requirements - No Online Registration:
Please visit the Preschool webpage for information on registration for the LMPA, students must be 3 years old by August 31 of the year participating.
Kindergarten Age Requirements - Yes Online Registration:
Children living in Norwood who are 5 years old by August 31 of the year participating may enroll in Kindergarten at the Willett Early Childhood Center.
If your child was not enrolled at a physical Norwood Public School Building for the last school year (i.e. homeschooled, private school), then you MUST register Online through Aspen for the next school year.
1. If you are new to the district, you must request an Aspen Family Portal Account
You need to request an Aspen account using a computer or Chromebook. It will not work on a phone or mobile device.
2. Pre-register your child online through Aspen
Families registering for Kindergarten - Choose Willett Early Childhood Center as your school.
You want the middle widget box shown in the screenshot below.
You must complete Online Registration using a computer or Chromebook. It will not work on a phone or mobile device.
3. Registration Appointment to bring in the necessary paperwork for registration
The Central Registrar will contact families to schedule an appointment to complete the registration when your child's Status changes to "In Process"and Workflow Phase changes to "Awaiting final approval."
4. The school will contact you with information about your child's first day
Do not send your child to school until they have told you what the start date is.
Required Forms to Bring to Appointment
- Copy of Birth Certificate, original Passport, or Visa
- Health History Form - one for each student. For required immunizations, see Health Services page.
- Proof of Residency - please read this form carefully
- Residency Affidavit (only if applicable)
- Parental notice for one time consent to allow the school district to access MassHealth (Medicaid) benefits
- Recent physical examination and up-to-date immunizations (see grade level specific information below)
- Registration for Kindergarten - please fill out this Questionnaire
- Parent/Guardian Identification
- In addition, each school may ask for additional information.
Applicable forms may be printed off and completed. If you do not have access to a computer or printer, the forms are available at the Central Registrar.
The Central Registrar is located at:
James R. Savage Center
275 Prospect St Door #1
When you are here for your Registration Appointment you can also submit applications for Food Services and Transportation as they are in the same building.
- Mission Statement, Vision, and Portrait of a Graduate
- Core Values
- Message from the Superintendent
- Bullying Information
- District Calendar
- District Staff and Committee Meeting Calendar
- District MCAS Assessment
- Food Services
- Health Services
- Aspen Family Portal Information
- Norwood Schools Fine Arts
- School Improvement Plans
- Strategic Plan
- Student Handbooks
- Student Registration
- Suicide Prevention and Intervention Resources
- Transportation Services
- What's Happening in Norwood Schools (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.