Norwood Public Schools Kindergarten Program
Kindergarten hours: Monday-Friday: 9:00-2:30
All Norwood Public Schools kindergarten classes are located at The Willett Early Childhood Center, 100 Westover Parkway.
Registration will be open for enrollment from Monday, February 8, 2021 – Friday, February 19, 2021. It is very important that parents/guardians register their child at this time and every field is filled out as completely as possible.
Your child must turn five (5) on or before August 31, 2021 in order to be eligible for kindergarten in September 2021.
- Choose Willett Early Childhood Center as the school
- Please begin by watching the videos
During Online Registration, there is a step to upload the following documents for your child’s registration - YOU MUST BRING THE ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO YOUR REGISTRATION APPOINTMENT:
- A copy of the child’s Birth certificate or original passport or visa
- Health History Form - one for each student. For more information see the Health Services Page
- Proof of Residency documents - Please read this form carefully
- Residency Affidavit (only if applicable)
- Parental notice for one time consent to allow the schoold district to access MassHealth (Medicaid) benefits
- Recent physical examination and up-to-date immunizations (see grade level specific information below)
- Parent/Guardian valid photo Identification (copy of driver’s license/state ID)
Once you have completed your child’s online registration, please use this link to book an appointment to come to the school. At that time you will bring your child’s documents to be verified. Both the online registration and this second step are necessary to register your child.
Call the Willett School at 781-440-5902 if you need support or assistance.
This year’s screening dates are: Wednesday, May 26th and Wednesday, June 2nd.
Your child’s screening date and time will be shared with you when your child's registration is complete.
Screening takes approximately 30-45 minutes.
Please contact the school for more information, (781)-440-5902.
Once you have registered your child, you will receive an appointment for Kindergarten Screening.
What is Kindergarten Screening?
In accordance with Massachusetts Special Education Law (603, CMR 28), all students entering kindergarten must be screened to assist in identifying any issues that may require special education services. Students registering for school in August will be screening during school hours in September.
An educator will work with your child during the screening. Areas on the screening instrument include visual motor, language and cognition, speech development and fine and gross motor development.
Results of the kindergarten screening are sent home approximately one month after your child has been screened. If there are concerns after the screening process is completed, staff may re-screen your child once school starts in the fall, or the staff may refer your child for a special education evaluation.
Please call the school with any questions.
(781) 440-5902 or email
Kindergarten Bus Information
- Kindergarten students ride the school bus without charge. Color-coded bus tags will be given out to students on Orientation Day in September. Please make sure to attach this tag to your child's back pack, regardless of whether he or she rides the bus.
- Students residing in a bus district may take the school bus from the neighborhood to the elementary school in your district. A Willett aide will meet that bus when it arrives at the elementary school. She will assist the students onto the kindergarten bus and travel to the school with the children.
- Students who do not live in a bus district may board the bus at the elementary school which serves your neighborhood.
- Parents may prefer to drive students directly to the Willett. Student drop-off is behind the building at Door 4 beginning at 8:45 am.
Neighborhood Schools Arrival and Dismissal Procedures for Willett Students
Supervision begins at 8:25. Buses will leave the school at 8:40. Parents will be responsible for transporting late arriving students to the Willett.
All kindergarten students will meet in the gym beginning at 8:25am. Please enter the school through the side entrance by cafeteria.
During afternoon dismissal, Vehicle Pick-ups and Walkers will be dismissed directly from the bus in the bus circle. Bus students will wait in the school until their bus is called.
Children should be walked to the gymnasium no earlier than 8:25 and no later than 8:35.
Bus students will exit their bus and will be directed to a designated area of the Gym.
Kindergarten students will be dismissed from the buses. Please wait for the instructional aide to dismiss your student.
Bus students will exit their bus and will be directed to a designated area of the library.
Walkers or car riders will be directed to a designated area of the library.
All students will exit the bus and will be directed to designated spot to await parents or the neighborhood bus, if provided.
Kindergarten students will meet our aide on the front sidewalk, to the right of the main school door. School buses will pick up and drop off students in the lot to the right of the building. In inclement weather, all kindergarten students will enter the Gym and sit in front of the stage.
The aide will dismiss walkers to their parent from the bus lot. Please do not leave with your child until notifying our aides. Bus district students will be placed directly on their bus for the ride home.
All students meet our instructional aide in front of the building. During inclement weather, students meet our aide in the auditorium and wait on the steps of the stage.
The students are dismissed from the bus at the front of the school to parents or caregivers. Students who change to the neighborhood bus are led into the auditorium until the next bus arrives.
- Message from the Principal
- Elementary Student Handbook
- Health Services
- School Improvement Plan
- State Report Card
- Teacher Directory
- Willett Library (opens in new window)
- Virtual Backpack
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.