Lice are a common occurrence in schools, daycare settings and camps, there are more than 12 million cases of head lice reported each year in the U.S. They do not carry disease but are a human parasite. The best way to protect your family is to prevent infestation!
Callahan school nurse Maureen Gearty created an informative slide show about all the "Facts of Lice".
For even more information http://kidshealth.org/parent/infections/common/head_lice.html# or contact your school nurse.
- Special Education
- NPS Nursing Staff Directory
- COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic Consent Forms
- The Flu: A Guide for Parents (opens in new window)
- Immunization Information
- Information on Various Student Health Issues
- School Health Services & Screenings
- Student Health Issues; Procedures, Forms & Releases
- When to Keep Your Child Home
- Suicide Prevention & Intervention Resources
- INTERFACE Mental Health Referral (opens in new window)
- Parent Support Groups (opens in new window)
- Parental Notice and Consent to Access MassHealth (Medicaid) Benefits (opens in new window)
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.