SIMONI FAMILY ESSAY CONTEST
The Simoni Family continues to generously fund an essay contest for Norwood High School seniors.
- PRIZES: First - $ 2,500; Second - $ 1, 500; Third - $ 1,000.
- TOPIC: Current Political Event which has its roots in American History SOURCES: Minimum of SIX
- LENGTH: 1500-2000 words FORMAT: MLA Research Paper Guidelines
- DUE DATE: Submit TWO word-processed copies to Ms. Drummey or Mrs. Orlinski no later than 2:30 pm
- Date to be determined.
- Discussion of current event
- Research of historical material
- Linking of current event to historical material
- Research Paper format
- Presentation: mechanics – grammar, spelling, usage, etc.
6 – flawless
5 – excellent
4 – good
3 – mediocre
2 – poor
1 – unacceptable
Thus, grades will range from 5 to 30.
**Winners will need to submit an electronic copy.**
Any questions? See Ms. Drummey or Mrs. Orlinski in 305.
- Contests and Opportunities
- Faculty Resources
- Library Good Reads
- GradPoint (opens in new window)
- NHS Library Seminars (opens in new window)
- Immigrant Groups in the West
- Immigrant Groups in the West Making the Connections
- Immigration Symbols
- Immigration West
- Industrial Revolution Resources List
- Korean War
- Legacy of Jim Crow
- The 60's
- Women and the Industrial Revolution
- Working Women and the Industrial Revolution
- Working Women During the Industrial Revolution
- Against Slavery
- Louis Braille An Exceptional Man
- MLA and APA Style Guides
- Norwood High School Home
- Quick reference
- Research & Instruction
- Summer Work
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.